Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Any time now!

Well, I am 38 weeks and he could come any time now. Doc says he is in position and ready to meet this world. I have an appointment tomorrow morning so I will find out more then. I am getting very anxious to meet our little prince... and to have my body back. I am finding it very difficult to move around these days. Marty literally has to push me out of bed when I need to get up, because I can not support my own weight enough to roll over! haha :)

So far I have gained 27 lbs. I think I have done pretty good over all, but I was hoping to have gained only 25- so I missed the mark, but just by a little.

As you can see my belly is HUGE! It could potentially be another 2 weeks before his arrival, but I hope it is sooner because each day he grows bigger! I pray that I don't have a 10 pounder!

My last day at The Vine was on Sunday. It was a very emotional day for me. I am very excited about being a stay-at-home-mommy, but I will definitely miss all my friends and co-workers at Shepherd. Although God is taking us through what can be looked at as a scary transition in our lives right now, we are very excited and filled with joy in knowing that He will take care of us, and provide for our every need. We find peace in the fact that He is in control and His word promises that He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Please continue to pray for a quick and easy delivery, a healthy baby boy and a smooth transition as we bring baby home from the hospital. I hear those first few weeks can be tough...

We still have not decided on a name.... but you will all find out just as soon as we do! :)

Much Love,
The Collins Family

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ash, I know you feel big and are uncomfortable of course, but you are probably the cutest pregnant lady I have ever seen. I'm so proud of you for only gaining 27 pounds. That is really fantastic sweetie. Paul and I are continuing to pray for you and for a smoothe delivery that will go quickly. We love you very much! Lynn