Saturday, January 10, 2009

Last B-day without Baby!



It's funny and true what they say... "be careful what you wish for!" Ever since I was a teenager I always told my mom I wanted to be 25 years old when I had my first child. I would always pick on her and say she was "too old"when she had her first and that I wanted to be a young, hip mom! ;) Well I guess God heard me, and now that it is truly happening it's almost surreal!

This week was a blast! Wednesday was my 25th Birthday and a very busy day for us. We started the day off with a doctor's appointment, where we got to see our big boy model for us on camera! He is already posing (like father like son!) ;)

We found out that he is 4.5 lbs and and although I was only 32 weeks at the time he was measuring at 33.5 weeks so he could be making his debut any time the end of February through the beginning of March. If he doesn't come by March 11, that is the date the doctor wants to educe me.

Doctor says that he also looks more like his mommy... I don't know how they can tell this from an ultrasound, but he says that the bone structure and proximity of nose to lips, etc. look more like my features than Marty's... I kind of have to laugh at that one, because I had a hard time even distinguishing where the features were, let alone how sharp his jaw line was. :) I hope and pray he has his daddy's handsome looks.



The doctor also said he had a nice strong heart beat and that his head is already down and ready to go! All GREAT news!

After our appointment we had to go to work and then had lunch with some friends at Claim Jumpers! Yummy!

That evening we went to our first birthing class, which I was excited about, but ended up being very disappointed. It was incredibly BORING! The teacher pretended to be in labor for almost 30 minutes - pushing a fake plastic baby out of a bag that she pretended was a uterus. A little strange... Marty said she enjoyed it way too much... haha! One good thing about the class - I got a relaxation massage out of it. :)

We have 2 more classes which I hope are a bit more interesting!

Friday night we celebrated by having a party at our new place with some friends and family. It was a great night of fellowship! I felt very loved and blessed by the outpouring of support and encouragement as we enter this new chapter in our lives.


Marty and I both are getting more and more excited each passing day to meet our son. Now that we are settled in to our new place we are going to begin working on putting his nursery together... very excited about that.

I appreciate your continued prayers during this time as I get more and more anxious and a bit fearful of the actual delivery.

Love to all!
Ashley, Marty and Kung-fu Baby! :)

No comments: