Friday, January 23, 2009

Baby's got the Hiccups

Approaching 35 weeks I am starting to feel more anxious to meet my son...and to get him out as I am getting more and more uncomfortable. But I know the safest place for him now is right where he is at, where he can continue to grow and develop.

Throughout my entire pregnancy I have felt like he would be coming a few weeks early... now we shall wait and find out. Generally doctors' say that delivering after 37 weeks is safe and no longer considered pre-term labor, so it could happen in just 2-5 weeks from now. WOW... the time is so near! I can hardly wait! ;)

Currently I am still working at the church... training my replacement part time. This has been a challenge, just because it's getting more difficult for me to get up in the mornings, get around, and focus on anything but baby... my mind is consumed and I now know what they mean by the urge women get to "nest"... all I want to do is get his room ready and prepare for his arrival.

I am thankful, however, that I can remain busy. If I were just sitting around the house, the time would go by so much slower.... so at least this way the days are seeming to fly by.

Marty and I prayed long and hard about how we could afford to survive as a growing family on one ministry income, but we both felt God confirming that He would provide for our needs and that the most important thing is that I am able to spend these precious years at home raising our little boy..we will never get that time back. So that is what we have decided to do. :)

I am really looking forward to this HUGE transition in my life. I never dreamed I would be a "stay-at-home mommy," but I am sooooo THANKFUL that God is providing a way! I know there will be challenges, but I am willing to forgo the excess and comforts I have been used to (ie. eating out regularly and shopping almost every weekend ;) so that my son can have all my attention.

I am going to continue leading worship for Shepherd of the Hills - Woodland Hills Campus and have even considered starting to teach voice lessons out of the house, once baby and I get into a solid routine. I will also be looking for any session work I can get... studio time pays well and I LOVE it! If I can get a gig here and there, that will help a bit as well.

One of the cutest things... baby has been having the hiccups like crazy lately...usually at night. When this happens, I love to put Marty's hand on my belly and watch it jump up and down. This often lasts a while, sometimes as long as 15 minutes. Doctors say this is completely normal and actually the sign of a strong breather! YAY!

My baby shower is TOMORROW and I am super excited! My mom and sister's are throwing it with the help from a few close friends. I will be updating the blog again next week and posting some pictures of the event.... so stay tuned! :)

Love to all!!!
Ash, Marty and Our little Hiccuper :)

No comments: