Thursday, September 4, 2008

We're Growing!

Well... since my last post the baby has grown from the size of a bean to the size of my fist, which has caused my belly to start stretching... I am definitely showing by now (as you can see in the picture on the left). All of the changes that occur during pregnancy are truly amazing! I am cherishing each moment.

At 14 weeks, as fetal development continues, the baby has the coordination, strength, and smarts to wiggle his or her fingers and toes and even suck a thumb (how cute is that?).
I should start feeling the little one move around very soon.

We had our 2nd doctor's visit yesterday and got to hear the heart beat again which was incredible! We also heard a "swishing" noise that the doctor said was the baby moving around in there.

Although the baby's sex can already be determined by an ultrasound, our doctor suggested that we wait until week 20 for a more accurate reading (as the parts will be larger and more visible by then). So stay tuned for the big news sometime around mid-October.

Marty has been so amazing! He makes me dinner when I don't feel like cooking and he even spent a few hours shopping with me (for larger clothes). What a guy! I know he is going to be such a great daddy!

We continue to covet your prayers during this special time- that I would have a healthy pregnancy and that God would grant us the wisdom to be great parents.

Thanks friends!
Ashley, Marty and Baby Collins

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Ash, I just read your latest update on sweet Baby Collins. It's all so exciting! You look so good for being 6 months pregnant. I am keeping you all in my prayers and sending you a big, big hug! Hope we get to see you guys soon.
Much love, Lynn